Collection of your personal information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by submitting an order using our online ordering process or filling in any forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website by creating a web account (“Account”) or requesting further products and/or services. We may also ask for information when you report a problem with our Website
- Information provided in any email, letter or telephone call that you send or make to us
- Information contained in any surveys that we ask you to complete for research purposes
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website (including ordering of goods and services) and the fulfilment of your online orders
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access. We will be analysing user journeys through the Website, including actions taken whilst using the Website, so as to allow us to provide a better service to users.
Use and storage of your personal information
We will use personal information provided by you or gathered by us for the following purposes:
- To administer your Account with us
- To receive and process orders from you via the Website for particular products and services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us
- To update our records
- To analyse trends and profiles, including in relation to usage of the Website and ordering of particular products and services
- To notify you about changes to our products and/or services.
In particular, we will use contact details provided by you (including email and mobile phone details) in order to process and administer orders placed by you via the Website (including sending you reminders about particular matters) and to inform you about our latest promotions and/or specific products and services that we think might be of interest to you. If at any time you refuse permission for us to use your contact details in this way, we reserve the right in accordance with the terms and conditions for use of the Website to suspend or terminate your use of the Website.
We will also pass your personal information to carefully selected third parties in order that they may contact you with details of products or services that they believe may be of interest to you.
Sharing of your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use third parties to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems. Where we use third parties to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your personal information
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings
- We may give information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
A cookie is a piece of information that is held on the hard drive of your computer which records how you have used a website. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information, such as whether the computer (and sometimes its user) has visited the site before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
If you do not want cookies downloaded onto your machine, you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to use some of the features on the Website without cookies.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information and may charge a £10 administration fee to process the request. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, Jubilee House, Second Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire DE14 2WF.
Last updated: 20th August 2009